Volunteering is a dedicated commitment by an
individual for the positive benefit of others. Every person has their
own personal reasons for volunteering. Some say itís to help others;
others are motivated by the excitement and challenges they face. Being a
firefighter takes dedication and requires many hours of training.
Training is on the second and third Mondays of each month with an
In order to join, you must be considered for
membership, you must:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Posses valid Driverís License
- Reside within the North Bend Rural Fire
- Have a completed
application on file with the department
Fire Cadet Program
North Bend also has a Fire Cadet program which is
designed to allow young men and women between the ages of 14 and 18 the
opportunity to participate in community service and explore a career in
Firefighting and Emergency Services. Each applicant must meet the
- Be between 14 and 18 years of age.
- Complete the Fire Cadet
Parent consent authorization form, and Insurance form.
- Be enrolled in an accredited Jr-Sr High School or
above or possess a diploma or GED
- Provide a character reference from one teacher
and one citizen in the district.
- Be physically able to perform the duties of Fire
Cadet and be in good health.
- Be able to follow strict orders.
- Adhere to and abide by all fire department rules,
regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Be drug, alcohol, and tobacco free.
- Complete the fire department orientation program.
- Complete fire department monthly meeting
requirements and annual training requirements.
- Maintain a ďCĒ or better average while attending
- Have valid Nebraska Driverís license.
If you are interested in volunteering, contact Kevin
Dubbs at 402.652.3401 or stop by
the station. Monthly meetings are the first Monday of the month at 8:00